|Page Name:||Style Guide|
- Commit messages should use the imperative voice.
- Commit messages should be no more than ≈ 50 characters long.
- If more explanation is needed, create a ticket and cross-reference it with the commit message.
- Comments added to tickets in connection with a resolving check-in should describe why the change was made, not how (the code does that part already).
- The Local Yarn should be italicized.
- The Local Yarn is emphatically not “a web site”.
- In a list of actions, list items should end with a period.
- In a list of things, list items should not end with a period.
- Place trailing commas and periods outside of quotation marks unless they are part of the quoted text.