These are notes for my own use.
- The Local Yarn should be italicized.
- The Local Yarn is emphatically not “a web site”.
- In a list of actions, list items should end with a period.
- In a list of things, list items should not end with a period.
- Place trailing commas and periods outside of quotation marks unless they are part of the quoted text.
- Em- and en-dashes, “smart” quotes and apostrophes, emoji, and math symbols should be stored as such in the original text source. Do not rely on smartypants-style text processing at any step after writing to produce typographically correct punctuation.
- Header comment includes copyright notice, license information, and author contact info.
- (Racket) All comments on their own line begin with
fossil changes --differto ensure no extra files need to be added.
fossil diff --tkto ensure all edits are related.
- If any files have been added with
fossil add, ensure the makefile is up to date.
- Ideally, any documentation (Scribble files) should be updated at the same time as the source code.
- Make sure you’re on the correct branch.
- Commit messages should use the imperative voice.
- Commit messages should be no more than ≈ 50 characters long.
- If more explanation is needed, create a ticket and cross-reference it with the commit message.
- Link a commit to a related ticket by using brackets
[ ]containing at least the first 6 digits of the UUID.
- Comments added to tickets in connection with a resolving check-in should describe why the change was made, not how (the code does that part already).