Here’s what happens here:
- I add writings using a custom markup language, and publish them on the web site. Periodically
- I can define collections of writings (by date range, for example, or subject matter), and, from the same source markup, generate the PDF files necessary to self-publish a book containing those writings.
- The writings, the web and print designs for the writings, the custom markup, and the code defining all of them, are available here in their complete history since the beginning of the project.
What you are looking at is a Fossil repository — similar to a git repository.
All times shown are UTC.
- The wish list serves as the project’s road map.
- Development Blog
- See Why Fossil? and How to Use This Repo.
- What The Local Yarn Is (telos, fancy metaphors)
- Design and Layout (information model, print/web duality, visual style)
- Tools and Methods (doctrine and practice of using computers to make things without losing your mind)
- Creative Processes
- Differences from blogs
- Style Guide for this repo