- File LICENSE.md — part of check-in [cf26929b] at 2019-05-19 20:24:06 on branch licensing — Merge updates from trunk (user: joel, size: 3303) [annotate] [blame] [check-ins using] [more...]
This project includes both writing and code. I want people to be able to use the code safely and without restriction, but for authors to have tighter control over their writing, images and other content.
- Each file is licensed separately. The header of each file, or its reference in
NOTICES.txt, determines how you are allowed to use the contents of that file.
- The source code files generally use a very permissive license, the Blue Oak Model license. A copy of that license is included below).
- Other files, such as those containing the content of the website and books, are included here by permission of their authors, and are generally not licensed for reuse unless specifically provided.
Note that nothing here applies to files that aren’t included in this project’s Fossil repository.
Please consider giving public credit to this project if you use significant amounts of its code in
any software or system, or if you publish any work using code from this project. This credit should
be a short notice that, at a minimum, includes this project’s name The Local Yarn and its domain
- If users access your system or work by running a program you provide, include the notice in the program’s About screen (for a graphical or interactive program) or in the output of the program’s “version” argument (for command-line programs).
- If users access your system or work via the World Wide Web, put the notice or a link to the notice at the bottom of the home page.
- If your work is published as a printed book, include the notice in the book’s front matter.
Blue Oak Model License
This license gives everyone as much permission to work with this software as possible, while protecting contributors from liability.
In order to receive this license, you must agree to its rules. The rules of this license are both obligations under that agreement and conditions to your license. You must not do anything with this software that triggers a rule that you cannot or will not follow.
Each contributor licenses you to do everything with this software that would otherwise infringe that contributor's copyright in it.
You must ensure that everyone who gets a copy of any part of this software from you, with or without changes, also gets the text of this license or a link to https://blueoakcouncil.org/license/1.0.0.
If anyone notifies you in writing that you have not complied with Notices, you can keep your license by taking all practical steps to comply within 30 days after the notice. If you do not do so, your license ends immediately.
Each contributor licenses you to do everything with this software that would otherwise infringe any patent claims they can license or become able to license.
No contributor can revoke this license.
As far as the law allows, this software comes as is, without any warranty or condition, and no contributor will be liable to anyone for any damages related to this software or this license, under any kind of legal claim.